London Fashion Week is an apparel trade show held in London, England twice each year, in February and September. It is one of the "Big Four" fashion weeks, along with New York Fashion Week, Milan Fashion Week and Paris Fashion Week.
- London Fashion Week first took place in 1984.
- It's getting an official sponsorship from Mercedes-Benz, a worldwide known automobile brand and global hairdressing company Toni & Guy.
- It is attended by over 5,000 press and buyers, and has estimated orders of £40m to £100m.
- Canon is the principal sponsor for the eleventh consecutive season.
- In spring 2010, London Fashion Week became the first major fashion week to fully embrace digital media when it offered all designers who were showing their collections on the catwalk at Somerset House the opportunity to broadcast their shows live on the Internet. The video stream can be seen on London Fashion Week's website.
- The Model Health Enquiry, backed by London Assembly members and the Mayor's threat to withdraw funding, recommended vetting of models
- The UK fashion industry is similar in size to the food/beverages services and telecommunications industries.
- This year dates are: 17th - 21st Feb and 22nd February (menswear)
Would you like to be a part of London Fashion Week? Get into modelling. Register with Candi Models!